I have been editing, proofreading, and/or writing for more than 20 years, and I can help you produce text that is concise, effective, and correct.
Having held senior editorial positions at major newspapers, I am highly experienced in producing material that grabs readers’ attention. I look forward to editing copy on any subject, but my specialist areas include news material (press releases, newsletters, reports, etc.), actuarial science, the media, films, and music.
The author always comes first, and I will work to improve your copy without altering your voice. I will also provide constructive feedback so that together we can help a document achieve its full potential.
- Editing – this could involve everything from checking your spelling to rewriting paragraphs in order to strengthen your message. I will ensure your text is readable and powerful
- Proofreading – checking your copy repeatedly to spot the typing errors and glitches that occasionally slip past even the most careful writer
- Writing – whether you need a one-off piece or regular material for a newsletter, blog or other publishing platform
- Five years as English editor at the Canadian Institute of Actuaries, setting the editorial standards for all kinds of documents targeted at thousands of actuaries, plus regulators, the media, and financial professionals
- Sixteen years editing and writing for newspapers
- Trainer and/or mentor for journalists and editors
- Author of two books (SF and fantasy)
Qualifications and awards
- Professional Member of the SfEP
- BA (Hons) English Literature
- Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism
- National Council for the Training of Journalists’ National Certificate Examination
- The International Actuarial Association
- A prominent tech company