I am a freelance copy-editor and proofreader specialising in academic and student work, but will happily edit a wide variety of texts. Many of my clients have English as a second language. I provide a friendly, professional and confidential editorial service which is affordable and fast. I can help improve the quality of your written work, ensuring each sentence is constructed using the most appropriate words, with each point demonstrated to its full potential.
Please contact me if you would like to know more.
- Proofreading – a final check of grammar, punctuation, spelling and style to ensure your document has a polished, professional finish
- Copy-editing – which includes all elements of proofreading but also involves editing of content, structure and flow to improve clarity and style
- Subject areas – built environment disciplines, engineering, geography, earth and environmental sciences, art and design
- Freelance since 2012, following a career in higher education spanning 18 years
- 14 years of experience publishing, proofreading and copy-editing academic texts
- As copy-editor for peer-reviewed online journals, I have copy-edited over 200 academic papers and have meticulous attention to detail and familiarity with academic conventions
- Entry-Level Member of the SfEP
- Cardiff University
- Higher Education Academy
- Independent academics and research students
‘Many thanks for the meticulous proofing of my manuscript.’
‘Thanks for your help, advice and friendly attitude.’
‘Thank you Diane, you made the process as bearable as it ever can be!’
‘Your proofreading was of high quality. It helped me to improve my English by giving sophisticated comments and advice … I really appreciated that!’