I am a professionally trained freelance proofreader with a BA (Hons) degree in English Literature.
My BA (Hons) degree means that I can expertly proofread either thesis or dissertation essays on English Literature covering from the Anglo-Saxon period to the 21st century, but especially:
• Victorian literature
• Romantic literature
• Children’s literature
• Seventeenth and Eighteenth Century literature
• Medieval literature
I can also proofread essays on other Humanities subjects, including media and history. I have a particular interest in the Plantagenet and Tudor periods.
I have wide-ranging experience in both the public and private sectors – including business support/mentoring, EU projects, finance and accounts and general business administration.
I provide a top quality proofreading service for business documentation, including:
- Business plans
- Brochures, posters and flyers
- Web copy and blog posts
- Training documentation
- Conference materials
Or, if you’re looking to self-publish then I can also check over your manuscript. I work on all genres of fiction and non-fiction titles.
I have a particular interest in wildlife and nature, so always relish the opportunity to work on any texts on these topics.
Please contact me for more information or a free quote.
Proofreading: a second pair of eyes to check your text for spelling, grammar, punctuation and consistency.
Any type or size of project considered.
Qualifications and awards
- Society for Editors and Proofreaders’ Proofreading Mentoring Scheme
- Society for Editors and Proofreaders’ Proofreading 2: Progress
- Society for Editors and Proofreaders’ Proofreading: Introduction
- Publishing Training Centre’s Basic Proofreading
- BA (Hons) English Literature
- The Open University’s Introduction to Bookkeeping and Accounting