I’m an editor and proofreader specialising in historical fiction.
I work on all historical periods, from prehistory to contemporary history, and on all subgenres of historical fiction, including action/adventure, crime/mystery/thriller, family sagas, and romance. I also work on historical fiction for children and young adults.
You can find out more about me on my website.
- Manuscript critiques
- Developmental editing
- Line and copy-editing
I am a Professional Member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP), formerly the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP).
Training and Qualifications
- Essential Copy-editing, Publishing Training Centre (Merit)
- Developmental Editing of Fiction (Intermediate and Advanced), Editorial Freelancers Association
- Introduction to Fiction Editing, SfEP
- Editing with Word, SfEP
- Introduction to Copy-editing, SfEP
- Grammar at Work, Publishing Training Centre
- Basic Proofreading, Publishing Training Centre (Merit)
- PG Diploma in Organic Agriculture
- 2:1 (Joint Honours) Archaeology and Environmental Management
More about Sarah
When I’m not editing historical fiction (or reading it for pleasure) I enjoy baking and gardening.
- Sarah Dronfield