Seasoned journalist, linguist and editor experienced in proofreading and copyediting of English written by non-natives. I take clumsily or unclearly written text and turn it into something that reads clearly and fluently. I assume nothing and question whatever needs to be checked. I also write articles, press releases, newsletters etc. More information on what our company offers: https://nordicinternational.co.uk
- Specialist areas: maritime, financial, business.
- Writing for print and for the web.
- Proofreading and copyediting.
- Translation to/from/between the Nordic (and other) languages.
- More than 30 years’ editorial experience.
- Foreign correspondent for UK and international media in Copenhagen 1990-95.
- Various positions held in the National Union of Journalists. Currently Welsh Executive Council member.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading, Chartered Institute of Linguists.
Qualifications and awards
- BA Hons, Scandinavian Studies.
- One of only three chartered linguists in the UK in the Danish-English language pair.
- Level 1 Mentoring, Institute of Leadership and Management.
- National Council for the Training of Journalists’ National Certificate Examination.
- Nautilus International.
- Danish Shipping.
- Maritime Professionals (MARPRO).
In DFDS’ communication work, we require a large amount of translation and text editing, and nearly always very urgently. We therefore appreciate the speed, flexibility and reliability of Nordic International who also always deliver a high language quality. It helps us do our job well, that they understand our communication situation and do their job well. Having multilingual journalists and regular translators available is a flexible bonus. …I’d like you to know that we are very, very satisfied with the way you’ve managed the pressure of the last two days – it’s been invaluable for us in light of the pressure we ourselves were under.
Gert Jakobsen – Vice President, DFDS Group Communications
It’s REALLY nice of you to check it all through and let me know of the outstanding changes to be made. It’s wonderful to have such a sharp and competent co-operation partner!
Kristine Nørskov Høgsberg – Marketing Manager, Palcut A/Sweden
I am grateful to Andrew Draper of Nordic International for his invaluable assistance with proofreading my last bilingual history book. In working with Andrew I found him to be meticulous and attentive to detail, a discipline I needed to help in writing and setting out essential information clearly. The result has been a book that has been well received by my colleagues. In turn this led to invitations to lecture in Australia and New Zealand on themes from the book. In the next year the book will be published in a digital format in order to be accessed by a research community worldwide. I can safely say that without Andrew’s assistance my work would not have been so well received and would not have reached a worldwide audience. I have no hesitation in recommending the first class service he and his company are able to offer.
Paul Gwilliam, author ‘A short history of the formation of the Priory of Wales from 1877 to 1920’