I bring a fresh eye and careful attention to detail helping businesses, authors and students produce accurate materials to a high standard.
I can tackle any subject but I’m really at home with mountaineering, climbing, adventure and travel books, blogs, websites and guides. Drawing on both first-hand knowledge and a great love of outdoor literature, I’m comfortable with technical terms and equipment use, I’m familiar with references to a wide range of wild and remote locations such as specific mountains, routes or trails, and understand the language of travel and navigation.
- Proofreading – bringing consistency and accuracy to your print or online materials
As a freelance proofreader I use my skills developed in over 15 years as a senior communications professional for a national public sector organisation.
Meeting high expectations and creating content that stands up to public scrutiny is one of my strengths.
Training and qualifications
- Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP) – entry level member and trained in:
- Introduction to Proofreading
- Proofreading Headway
- Proofreading Progress
- Editorial Skills for Business – The Publishing Training Company
- BA (Hons) English Literature 2:1, Cardiff University