I am a freelance copyeditor and proofreader specialising in music and humanities, but am happy to work on a wide variety of subjects.
- Copyediting (on-screen and hard copy)
- Proofreading (on-screen and hard copy)
- Professional Member of the CIEP
Qualifications and awards
- PTC Basic Proofreading (Merit)
- CIEP Proofreading and Editing Music
- BA (Hons) in music
- LTCL (teaching piano and theory of music)
- CT ABRSM
- Taylor & Francis (Routledge)
- codeMantra (Routledge)
- Wordcatcher Publishing
- PhD and Masters students from Cardiff University, Royal Academy of Music, Trinity Laban and Zürcher Hochschule der Künste (Zurich)
- Septura chamber brass ensemble
- City of Cardiff Symphony Orchestra
Having worked with a wide variety of freelance proofreaders in my 7 years working in the publishing industry, I personally would have no reservations in recommending Karen’s work which was of high standard.
Commissioning editor, Taylor & Francis
Karen was recommended to me to proofread my PhD thesis and I couldn’t be happier with the outcome. Karen was extremely diligent with the task in hand, always happy to answer my many, many questions, and completed the job within schedule and to a standard I could never have achieved alone. In fact, her devotion to the work went far beyond the words themselves; her seemingly encyclopaedic knowledge of all things written aided me in producing a beautifully presented thesis which was attractive to look at and as clear and well articulated as possible! I cannot recommend her highly enough. Thank you, Karen!
Matthew Bromley, PhD candidate, Cardiff